One of the simplest little enterprises you may start right now, but don’t anticipate huge profits.
Working for one of the two rapidly developing app-centric taxi alternative services, Uber or Lyft, can still be a fairly lucrative way to make money as a side business idea on the evenings and weekends working only when you choose. However, do your research and estimate the beginning costs of additional petrol, mileage, tires, wear & tear, and usage on your vehicle before you jump in head first with this small business idea.
It’s not one of the greatest guaranteed business ideas that’ll produce a substantial income every weekends.
Looking to work for a rideshare company like Uber or Lyft and become a part of the on demand movement? These conditions must be met in order to drive for Uber or Lyft.
- make certain that you meet their requirements for drivers.
- make sure your car also satisfies a specific set of requirements.
- formally begin the application procedure.
- You should have your car inspected.
- Fill out the online form to have your background checked.
1. make certain that you meet their requirements for drivers
The requirements comprise:
- Both Uber and Lyft have a 21-year-old minimum age limit.
- Must have a minimum of one year of US driving experience, or three years (for Uber) if you are under the age of 23.
- Automobile insurance in your name. (Remember that the insurance must also be issued in the state where you will be driving and that it must satisfy all applicable legal requirements.)
- Social security number
- Possess a US driver’s license in good standing
- Accept a background check. Any criminal history, auto accidents, reckless driving charges, license suspensions, DUIs, and a history of driving without insurance will all be investigated during the background check. Background checks are performed by independent parties. DMV and criminal background checks are carried out in New York City by the Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) in accordance with their licensing requirements, not by Lyft.
2. make sure your car also satisfies a specific set of requirements
In most cities, a car must be a 2007 model or newer to be eligible to drive UberX, the company’s entry-level service. There must be at least 4 people total, excluding the driver. The vehicle must be equipped with state-issued license plates and cannot have been previously utilized for another taxi-related business. Remember that certain localities have more stringent regulations regarding cars.
The automobile must be a 2006 model or newer to meet the standards for Lyft’s basic service, unless it is on this list of permitted vehicles for specific cities.
3. Formally begin the application procedure
You may get the Uber driver application here.
You may get the Lyft driver application here.
4. You should have your car inspected
In addition to a list of authorized third parties, Uber has inspection stations where they can issue the inspection on your behalf. The online application for Lyft includes a detailed illustration of their requirement for car inspections.
5. Fill out the online form to have your background checked
You will be asked for information while completing the online application so that Uber or Lyft may run a background check on you before they engage you as a driver. You’ll receive a copy of your background check via email along with instructions on how to contest the findings if you don’t pass it. Remember that it could take a few weeks to process background checks.
You will be able to use the Uber or Lyft application and begin picking up passengers once you have completed all of these steps. It may go without saying, but you need also make sure that your mobile device is compatible with Uber or Lyft.
The firms do not support devices that solely use Wi-Fi, and they demand that the gadget have a cellular connection.
Discussion about this post